My column in today’s Northwest Herald talks about how to choose between a PC and a Mac. Both have their pros and cons, but ultimately it comes down to your needs and your personal preference.
I mentioned that although Macs don’t suffer the same kinds of virus problems that PCs do, they still need protection. Here are some recommendations on Mac security software. I talked about my recommendations for PC security software here.
- Intego VirusBarrier and VirusBarrier Dual Protection (if you’re running Windows on your Mac)
- McAfee VirusScan For Mac
- Avast Mac (free)
- ClamX AV (free)
If you’re looking for help with your PC, here are some great resources:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Help & How-to center
- Microsoft Windows Help & How-to center (for Windows Vista and Windows XP)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Solution Center
- Microsoft Vista Solution Center
- Microsoft Support Home
And if you’re looking for Mac help, including how to switch from a PC to a Mac, try these:
- Apple Support: Mac 101
- Apple Support: Switch 101 (for people switching from Windows)
- Apple Mac Support
You can also subscribe to my free Tech Tips e-newsletter for bonus tips, tricks, and product reviews. Click here to subscribe, or send email to techtips-request-at-guidryconsulting-dot-com, subject “subscribe”.
Don’t miss my upcoming seminars, Getting The Most Out Of Your Mac on November 5th and PC Troubleshooting on November 10th, both sponsored by the Crystal Lake Chamber Of Commerce. Details and registration information can be found here.