Do you run antivirus on your smartphone? This month in The Northwest Herald, I talk about the exponential increase in malware on smartphones and what you can do to protect yourself. From the article:
Yet if I were to ask if you run antivirus on your phone, you would probably say no. Nobody mentions malware when you buy a phone, they’re too busy extolling the fancy features. All those cool apps are fine until you realize some virus has been silently snooping on your activities.
Here are links to the latest options for mobile antivirus. The available options are changing all the time as new devices and systems are introduced. I’ve also included links to some of my previous Tech Tips articles which can help you secure your smartphone.
Tech Tips articles on smartphone security
- How To Avoid Malware On Mobile Devices
- ‘Girls Around Me’ App Shows How Stalkable You Are
- Increasing Threats To Smartphone Security
Mobile Antivirus Options
- Sophos Mobile Security Free Edition (Android)
- Norton Mobile Security (Android)
- McAfee Mobile Security (Android, BlackBerry, Symbian)
- Intego VirusBarrier iOS (Apple iPhone/iPad)
- Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition (Android)
- Kaspersky Mobile Security (Android)
- F-Secure Mobile Security (Android, Windows Phone, Symbian)