Did you know that most viruses sneak onto your computer through your Web browser? Here’s how you can secure your Internet surfing experience.
First, some basic safety tips. You’ll want to look through these before you proceed.
- How To Create Secure Passwords (Revised Edition) (Tech Tips)
- Secure Password Management Tools (Tech Tips)
- How To Recognize An Email Scam (Tech Tips)
Then, take a look at your Web browser(s) with the following advice in mind.
How To Clear Your Web Browser’s Cache
- Internet Explorer: How to delete the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder
- Firefox: Remove recent browsing, search and download history
- Chrome: Delete your cache and other browser data
- Safari 6 (OS X Mountain Lion): Delete your browsing history
- Opera: Delete private data
How To Activate Your Web Browser’s Privacy Controls
- Internet Explorer And Your Privacy
- Firefox: Safe Web Browsing
- Chrome: Know your Google security and privacy tools (also includes other Google services)
- Safari: OS X Mountain Lion: Guard your privacy
- Opera: Guide to security and privacy in Opera