For over 25 years I’ve helped consumers and businesses solve their computer problems. My writing has been featured in publications including The Wall Street Journal, The Writer, The Northwest Herald, HIT Exchange, and The McHenry County Business Journal.
I specialize in writing easy-to-understand articles about computers and technology. I also offer tech support, training, seminars, and writing services including tech writing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Ctrl-Alt-Del: Don’t Lose Your Novel To A Computer Crash
The Writer, November 2016
- Wall Street Journal Debate: Are Consumers Better Off Putting Everything In The Cloud?
Wall Street Journal, May 2014
- Hospitals Discover Success with Data Analysis as Cutting-Edge Innovations Help Streamline Operations
HIT Exchange, July/August 2011
- Improved Care: An Interview With Dr. Salvatore Volpe
HIT Exchange, March/April 2011
- Ten Steps To Secure Your WordPress Blog From Hackers
Writer’s Digest (There Are No Rules blog), March 2011
- When You Yearn To Smash Your Computer: 10 Problems Writers Face And Suggested Solutions
The Writer, December 2009
Tech Column in The Northwest Herald, 2010-present
Links to my recent tech articles in The Northwest Herald.
- A Guide To Mac Computer Security, April 2017
- Steer Clear Of Questionable Apps And Messages, March 2017
- Tips On Securing The Internet Of Things, February 2017
- Learn To Solve Common Computer Problems, January 2017
- With An Old Computer, Reuse, Recycle, Or Donate, December 2016
- Fitness Trackers May Be Putting Your Privacy At Risk, November 2016
- Speed Up That Slow Wireless Network, October 2016
- Everyone Needs A Clean Offline Backup, August 2016
- Microsoft Continues To Irritate With Windows 10, July 2016
- How To Set Up Your New Computer, June 2016
- Avoid Frustration With Planned Computer Upgrades, May 2016
- Smart Home Tech Offers Convenience But Poor Security, April 2016
- How To Handle Increasing Tech Support Scams, March 2016
- Protecting Kids From Data Theft, January 2016
- Defend Against Increasing Mac Malware, November 2015
- Protect Your Window To The Internet, October 2015
- Don’t Trust The Default Security Settings, September 2015
- Consumers Should Try Windows 10 Before Buying It, July 2015
- Quick Tips To Prevent Computer Problems, June 2015
- Online Games Can Hide Account Hijackers, April 2015
- … links to older articles available upon request
The McHenry County Business Journal
- Stay Safe By Teaching Computer Security To Employees, July 2012
- New Tech Trends Signal Major Changes For Business, January 2012
- Before Embracing Cloud, Get Accurate Forecast, July 2011
- Managing Your Business’ Online Reputation A Must, January 2011
- Make Sure To Audit Your Disaster Recovery Plan, July 2010
- Promote Your Business Using Web 2.0 Technologies, January 2010
- Galaxy S4: Vivid Color, Vibrant Performance
The Northwest Herald, July 2013
- Will The New Z10 Save BlackBerry?
The Northwest Herald, April 2013
- Nokia Lumia 822: Windows Phone In Your Pocket
The Northwest Herald, January 2013
I am available as a resource to journalists on the topics of consumer and small business technology.
- Local Experts, Banks Encourage Consumers To Change Passwords After Heartbleed
by Jim Dallke, The Northwest Herald, April 15, 2014
Popular posts from my Tech Tips blog.
- Ransomware: A Dangerous Threat To Your Computer
- How To Create Strong Passwords (2016 Edition)
- Microsoft Alienates Customers With Forced Windows 10 Upgrades
PDFs of offline articles available upon request.